One of the most common Google Play Store errors is “Error 403.” It means that your request was forbidden and you have done anything wrong. Error Code 403 refers that the Google Play Store denies the services that you requested. You will get an error message on your mobile screen as
“[App Name] can’t be downloaded. Try again, and if the problem continues, get help troubleshooting, (Error code: 403).”
It usually occurs when you are downloading the apps from the Google Play Store and downloading becomes unsuccessful. Don’t worry; there are various fixes for this error. Here we will tell you about all the possible fixes for the Error Code: 403.
Different Ways to Fix the Error Code: 403
If you are also facing the error 403, follow these methods. Hopefully, any one of the below will work for you.
Method#1: Disable the Proxy Settings
Proxy settings can be one of the main reasons for Error 403. So, you need to disable it. Follow the below steps.
- Go to the Settings>Wireless and Network>Mobile Network and Access Point Name (APN).
- Then select the clear proxy option to confirm that the proxy setting is off.
Now, try to download the app again. Hopefully, this will work for you.
Method#2: Turn On and Off the Internet Connection
The weak internet connection can also be the reason for this issue. But you can strengthen your connection to fix the Google Play Store Error 403. Follow the below steps.
- Turn on the Airplane mode on your phone and wait until the plan is visible.
- Now turn off the Airplane mode and wait for the internet connectivity to your phone.
Try again to download the apps on your phone.
Method#3: Delete the Search History from Google Play Store
If both of the above methods are not working for you. You need to delete the search history from the Google Play Store. Follow the below steps.
- Open the Google Play Store and go to the Settings.
- Tap on the Clear Search History option. This will delete all the search history from the Google Play Store.
Method#4: Choose an Alternative Google Account
You can also choose the alternative Google account on your mobile phone to resolve the issue.
- Go to the Google Play Store>Press the Menu button>Accounts and choose the alternative Gmail Account.
Now, try to download the apps again.
We hope one of the methods has worked for you. If you are still facing any problems, let us know in the comments. We will try to respond to your query as soon as possible.