The Error Code: 406 is one of those Google Play Store errors that doesn’t solve easily. Most people encounter this error while downloading apps from the Google Play Store. This error can occur when you reset the Google account registered on your phone, restore your device to the factory settings, or register a new account. Sometimes the error also occurs when you download the app from Wi-Fi. You may see a message on your mobile screen as
“[App Name] could not be downloaded due to an error (406).”
This error can occur regardless of the brand and the model of the phone as it’s mostly the Google Play Store issue, not the mobile or app-related problem. Here we will tell you about the different ways to handle the Error Code: 406.
Different Ways to Fix Error Code: 406
Don’t worry; these types of errors are not too serious. These can be due to some glitch in the system of the Google Play Store. Below are some ways you should try while this error shows up.
Method#1: Re-start your Device
This is the simplest way to resolve the issue before going to other solutions. Simply unlock your mobile screen press and hold the “Power” button until the menu appears. Select the “Power off” and wait for 10 seconds to re-start it. After that, try to download the app again to check if it’s working.
Method#2: Clear the Cache and Data
- Go to the Settings>Applications>All> and search for Google Play Store.
- Tap on it and clear the Cache and Data.
- Now, Force stops the Google Play Store.
- Similarly, find the Google Play Services and clear the Data and Cache.
- Also, find the Google Services Framework and clear the Data and Cache.
- Restart your device and try to download the app.
Method#3: Remove and Add Google Account
- Go to the Settings>Accounts and select Google.
- Remove the Google account on your device.
- Turn off the phone and restart it after 10 seconds.
- Sign in to your Google Account by accepting the Terms and Conditions and download your favorite app.
Method#4: Check your Internet Connection
Some of the 406 errors also occur due to a problem with the internet connection. Make sure your internet connection has a good speed and working properly, or switch the Wi-Fi to Mobile Data. If you are still facing the same issue, try to use any other internet connection to download your favorite app.
Method#5 Factory Reset Your Phone
This is the last option to get rid of Error Code: 406. It’s only recommended when all of the above methods are not working. It will erase all the data and information from your phone.
- Go to the Settings and select the Backup and Reset option.
- Click on it; you will see a Factory Data Reset option. Tap on it.
- After some time, your phone will be as you brought it. This will surely solve error 406.
We hope our solutions have helped you resolve your problem. If you are still facing any issues, let us know in the comments. We will try to respond to your query as soon as possible.