The installation of apps on your android phone is an easy process. But sometimes, Android users get the error message with code 501 when they are trying to download or update their apps from the Google Play Store. The error message appeared as
“App Name can’t be installed. Try again, and if the problem continues, get help troubleshooting (Error Code:- 501).”
You will not be able to install, download, or update any apps and games on your android mobile. This error mostly occurs during the multiple installations of the different apps and games simultaneously. Sometimes, users with custom ROM or those who recently rooted their Android phones face this problem. Most of the time, users encounter this problem when they are trying to install Youtube and Google Play Services. This article will see the different ways to fix Error 501.
Table of Content
Different Ways to Fix Error Code 501 on Google Play Store
If you find the error code 501 on your Android phone, don’t worry, as there are many ways to fix this problem. The below methods help you to fix this error and allow you to download or install the apps from Google Play Store.
Method#1: Try to Download One App at Time
Most people try to download multiple Apps at a time after factory resetting their phone, which is a common reason of occurring this error. You have to stop or cancel the downloading of multiple apps at a time. Try to re-install the apps one by one.
Method#2: Clear the Cache
Clearing cache is the second option, which helps you get rid of this error on your Android phone. You can follow the below steps to clear your cache.
- Go to Settings on your Android phone.
- Select the storage option.
- Tap on Apps or other Apps.
- Now, look for Google Play Store in the list.
- Tap on the clear cache button.
- Go back to the Apps and other Apps and search for Google Play Services.
- Tap on the Clear cache button again.
- Restart your device.
Hopefully, you will get rid of the error code 501 on your Android phone.
Method#3: Install Latest Updates
Are you missing the latest updates for your Google Play Store App? Follow the below steps to install all the latest updates on your phone about the Google Play Store app.
- Go to the Settings menu of your Android phone.
- Select the App or App & Notifications.
- Look for Google Play Services and Tap on it.
- Tap App details in-store. It directs you to the Google Play Store App.
- Tap on the Update button.
- Launched the Google Play Store app after updating.
- Tap on the three horizontal line buttons on the top of the mobile screen.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down to the about section to check the current version.
Tap on Play Store Version and download all the available updates immediately. Otherwise, it will say that the app is up to date.
Method#4: Uninstall the “com.app”
- Go to the Settings> Application Manager>Download App.
- Find the App name in the list that you are trying to install. You will see that app in the format “com.app”.
- Click on this app and uninstall it.
- Now, restart the device and try to download the app again.
Hopefully, you will be able to download the app this time without any error.
Method#5: Delete your Google Account
If all the above simple methods don’t work, you need to delete your Google account and restart your device. After 10 to 15 minutes of restarting your device, log in to your Google account again and launch the Play Store App.
These are some methods that help you get rid of a common error “Error Code: 501” in the Google Play Store.